samedi 18 février 2012

Spring Break - Parisian Escape



After this long cold winter, I have a hankering for an escape to some place warm and tropical. Although, before I lived in Paris, it used to be my escape. Now that I live here, I still admire this great city with it's rich history and breathtaking architecture. Often, I don't have the chance for a tropical escape, so I often have to settle for a minibreak closer to home.

Luckily, Paris is so dense and has a wonderful transit system that it is easy to get lost on some of the old rues that have been here since the Romans. Even though I live here, I still get lost from time to time. One of my favorite places to get lost is down near the Marais. It is chock full of little galleries and boutiques that you just wouldn't find unless you were lost. When I make a new discovery, I have a little black book that I write it in. From time to time, I will share with all of you some of those little discoveries. If anyone is coming to Paris and needs a few suggestions, I am happy to share my favorite haunts with you.

The treasury Parisian Escape was made by a fellow Etsian, Sara Gilmore of Phdstressrelief. She is an incredible artist who makes amazing things out of fibers. She makes everything from cat toys to jewelry. I'm in love with the sheep already and can't wait to see what new creations she will come up with this Spring.

4 commentaires:

  1. Wow....I found you via a comment on my blog. You are so lucky to be in Paris. How wonderful...I am so glad I found your blog and am looking forward to hearing more about your adventures in the City Of Love since I am now a follower. I love everything French, especially their boisterous politics. Being an American also, I love that the French believe it is a right of passage to protest ... so like our founding founders and the folks back in early, heady days of our Republic.

    Peace and Happiness to all.

    PS I couldn't agree with your more about poetry....I hope we can all get back to appreciating this beautiful medium.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I couldn't agree with you more! Of course Americans still protest, but it seems to me that since the enactment of certain laws recently, it seems more restrained. I don't think that Americans have changed, but the laws have made it more difficult for people to protest issues close to their heart.

      Supprimer
  2. I am also incredibly jealous you now live in Paris! I hope to make it there some day :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. There is no need to be jealous. If you want to come to Paris one day, I am more than happy to share with you the easiest ways to make that a reality. Whatever hurdles you think you might have, I assure you, I have had plenty. Where there is a will, there is a way.

      Supprimer